There are so many reason why I never told anyone I was being molested by my adopted father and his 2 brothers. The following statements/thoughts were either said directly or indirectly to me from age 3 to 22 when I moved out.
1. My adopted father was a Baptist preacher and loved my everyone that knew him. My adopted parents where doing Gods work. Taking in 6 orphans that no one wanted made them saints. I was lucky. Besides no one would have believed me.
2. Everybody knows broken foster kids lie for attention, no matter how much love and attention you shower them with, they can't help it.
3. If I would have told I would have been destroying the family. My adpotped father would have gone to jail, me and my sibling would have been split up and sent to other foster homes with people that dont love us and my poor adopted mother would have been all alone.
4. The new foster homes might have been much worse.
5. At least they wanted me. No body else was gonna adopt me.
6. I finally had a family of my own and it would have been stupid to mess that up. Why ruin a good thing.
7. Besides its in a mans nature to attempt to have sex with all available females, if he is a real man.
8. It is the job of the woman to protect her virtue and turn down the mans advances. Only a whore accepts all advances from men without being married. I didnt want people to think I was already a whore at such a young age.
9. There was no good reason to tell anyone. My adopted mother couldnt find any good reason to tell anyone so clearly one didnt exist.
10. Family business stays in the family.
11. All I needed to to is continue to pray for adopted dad and this problem he suffered with, protect my virtue, keep the family business private, and be grateful for even having a family.
12. Most foster kids never get adopted. I was one of the few lucky ones.